Re: GIMP is useless without a usable installable help.

Michael Schumacher skreiv:
> On 13.06.2010 18:38, Jack K. wrote:
>

>> What possible value could there be to further developing the GIMP application
>> when ordinary users cannot use it because the HELP documentation cannot be
>> made to install and then work in Windows?
>>

> Huh? As far as I know, the help is installable on Windows and works fine.
>

> Michael

Yes, but unlike most Windows applications, you have to do the
installation yourself. The proses is a bit unusual to Windows users,
quite common to Linux users.

Download the wanted help file to your computer from
ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/help/. The .bz2 file is a zipped file. Unzip
it using your zip program.
In the GIMP folder share/gimp/2.0 create a folder named help. Copy the
two letters language folder in the unzipped catalog to the help folder.
(The other files is of no use in this case). In my version of Windows
the full path in my computer is .../share/gimp/2.0/help/nn.

BTW: Somebody know why is the help files in http://www.gimp.org/docs/
are not updated? The Norwegian help files is still pointing to
http://www.gimp.org/docs/2.6/no which is not updated anymore and do not
exist in the git.gnome.org/gimp-help-2 repository. Instead it should be
pointing to .../2.6/nn which exists in the repository.
Kolbjoern