Re: gimp-help-custom.css

Kolbjørn Stuestøl (Tuesday, 30. March 2010)
[...]
> >> But with one drawback: As this stylesheet (gimp-help-custom.css)
> >> is called on top of every html file created, the style defined
> >> in this file will affect all users! Not only one specific
> >> language. (Yes, I know it is possible to define your own classes
> >> or whatever not used by others, but that's another question).

And if we add a gimp-help-custom.css it will overwrite the user's
stylesheet on every update.

That's why I think we should not add a gimp-help-custom.css for any
purpose -- let the user add his own stylesheet if he wants to make
some personal customizations.

> My suggestion was that gimp-help-custom.css could be used to
>  language specific styles. If Norwegian is the only language that
>  would like to use the smaller font in italic in image texts, I
>  could put the style in the /stylesheets/nn folder. Of course the
>  Makefile in addition needs some conditionals to select the
>  language specific files. ("if LANG=xx then copy
>  stylesheets/xx/*.css to html").

This feature is still there, look for the string "Copying
stylesheets":

	for file in $(srcdir)/stylesheets/*.css \
	            $(srcdir)/stylesheets/$*/*.css; do \
		if [ -f $${file} ]; then cp -f $${file} html/$*; fi; \
	done

Any CSS file in an language-specific subdir is copied to html (and
overwrites the general CSS file which is copied before).

> As the gimp22.css is listed downmost in the html head tag it is not
> possible to override this style using the language dependent
>  method.

Unless the above code is broken, it is possible. Just copy and edit.

> I have to select the alternate style sheets (gimp22.css) for every
> single side [...]

This depends on the browser.

Ulf