Re: branches

RyōTa SimaMoto (Monday, 28. December 2009)
> We may prefer to have at least three branches:
>  * a temporary branch, which is specified its its micro version
>  like 2.6.1, only for translation works -- of course any changes on
>  src/ is prohibited; * 2.6 or the MASTER, for editing English
>  source text as well as PO files, and image files;

I think this is exactly the situation we have when we are going to
release new html packages.

>  * 2.7 for preparing for 2.8 (the next master current), it will be
>  now English only.

This would be great, but I'm afraid we don't have the manpower (time)
for maintaining two main branches. Just remember the problems to
release a new doc package when GIMP-2.6 was released...

> When the temporary branch is removed after its html package was
>  released, the next release schedule will be more interesting.
>  Perhaps it can be when the documentation of some functions are
>  finished:
> plug-in-antialias, script-fu-weave, script-fu-clothify,
> script-fu-sota-chrome-it, script-fu-difference-clouds,
>  python-fu-foggify, script-fu-spyrogimp, script-fu-circuit,
>  script-fu-line-nova, script-fu-lava, script-fu-blend-anim,
>  script-fu-spinning-globe, script-fu-burn-in-anim,
>  script-fu-ripply-anim, and script-fu-waves-anim as well as some
>  mock-ups (script-fu-alien-neon-logo-alpha,
>  script-fu-blended-logo-alpha, script-fu-comic-logo-alpha,
>  script-fu-gradient-bevel-logo-alpha, and
>  script-fu-textured-logo-alpha).

Ok, that's correct: if someone wants to add documentation for some
features that are new in GIMP-2.7/GIMP-2.8, we have to work on a new
branch. e.g. (new) gimp-help-2-8 for GIMP-2.8, master for GIMP-2.6; or
master for GIMP-2.8, (new) gimp-help-2.6 for GIMP-2.6.

Ulf