Re: branches

Roman Joost (Friday 18 December 2009)
> IMHO that's why we created the gimp-help-2-6-0 branch for. That's
>  also where your changes should go in.

Hmm, really? IMHO the gimp-help-2-6-0 branch became obsolete when you
released the html packages.

As far as I understand it, branching and releasing should go like
this:
	(1) you will give us a warning that any changes to the
	    source files should be pushed within the next n days,
	(2) you (someone) create(s) a new branch where no changes to the
	    source files are allowed any more (those changes should be
	    applied to the master branch),
	(3) all translators have some time to update translations and apply
	    them to the new branch,
	(4) you release an html package for every language (or for every
	    language where translation is complete?!),
	(5) for every language for which a new html package was released
		(i) translations are merged to the master branch,
		(ii) new translations are applied to master only,
		(iii) ==> branch is obsolete,
	    where (ii) and (iii) should also apply to languages which are far
	    away from a complete translation, even without html package.

Using the branch after releasing html packages doesn't make any sense
to me.

IMO we should just remove the gimp-help-2-6-0 branch -- as well as
"xml2po-support" and "roman-automatic_changelog_generation".

Ulf