Re: release, pretty please

julien (Dienstag, 25. August 2009, 21:50):
> Would it be possible to modify the "make html" so that fuzzy
> strings remain unchanged in the local version instead of being
> replaced with the English strings?

Of course it is possible, but do you really want this? Some fuzzy
translations are useful (e.g. if a typo has been fixed in the English
text). But some fuzzy translations are irritating, wrong, or
completely nonsense...

What if the text was
	Warning:
		If you press X before Y, GIMP will format your
		harddisk.
and the fuzzy translation was the translation of
	Warning:
		Always press X before Y.
from a different file?

> Before the migration to po, changes in English strings didn't
> change the other languages...

Yes, but we all knew the consequences of switching to a gettext-based
system.

Ulf