Re: Makefile features

Marco Ciampa (Montag, 17. August 2009, 16:12):
> Just a note: the italian PDF have all references auto created
> (titles, indexes and so on) untranslated (in english). Am I missing
> some latex package or it is so for some latex i18n setup missing?

I'm not a LaTeX expert, but it looks like translation is done using
the babel package. The German gimp.tex contains
	\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
	\setupbabel{de}
and /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/babel/germanb.ldf contains e.g.
	\def\chaptername{Kapitel}
which (as far as I understand) leads to the automatic translation
of "Chapter x" to "Kapitel x".

I don't know why it doesn't work for you,
/usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/babel/italian.ldf contains
	\def\chaptername{Capitolo}

> PS: Ulf, if I have the possibility to meet you somewhere, I owe you
> a pizza & a really big beer!  :-)

Oh, thanks! :-) If you have installed the Linux beerutils  package,
you can always attach a virtual beer to your mails! ;-)

Ulf