ru po generation

Here is a sample from po/ru/glossary.po from line 99 on. I checked
where the translation comes from and it's just the next paragraph in
the original xml file src/glossary/glossary.xml. Is it possible to
update the toolchain so that english text is put in msgid string?
====BEGIN====
#: src/glossary/glossary.xml:105(para)
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
"A spline is a curve which is defined mathematically and has a set of control "
".................."
msgstr ""
"Bezier splines are only one way of mathematically representing curves. They "
"were developed in the 1960s by Pierre Bezier, who worked for Renault."

#: src/glossary/glossary.xml:113(para)
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
"In the non-mathematical sense, a spline is a flexible strip of wood or metal "
"........................."
msgstr ""
"Bezier curves are used in <acronym>GIMP</acronym> as component parts of "
"<link linkend=\"glossary-path\">Paths</link>."

Another issue is that the russian po directory has filters,menus and
using, but no other directory, such as dialogs, toolbox, etc. Same for
the pot directory. I ran 'make pot' and 'make po-ru' many times to no
avail. Any suggestions?

On a side note, and it's not a gripe, I found an example of loss of
context in po translation. I couldn't translate 'Tab' by itself,
because I didn't know whether it was a dockable tab or a Tab-key. It's
a bummer, but not a big issue.

Vitaly.