Re: Where have all my pictures gone?

Roman Joost skreiv:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 06:18:12PM +0200, Ulf-D. Ehlert wrote:
>
>> Kolbjørn Stuestøl (Dienstag, 30. Juni 2009, 23:15):
>>
>>> Had some spare minutes tonight and tried your suggestions.
>>> 1. Copied the patch file to the gimp-help-2 on my working copy.
>>> 2. Copied the make_image_links.pl you mailed to gimp-help-2/tools
>>> 3. Ran: $ git am < cygwin-windows-quirks.patch
>>> 4. Output from Cygwin:
>>> …
>>> …
>>> [../] gimp-help-2/.git/rebase-apply/patch:24: trailing whitespace.
>>> " -v | --verbose print number of image files\n" .
>>> error: tools/make_image_links.pl: does not match index
>>> Patch failed at 0001.
>>>
>> 2. conflicts with 3.
>>
>> The following procedure should work:
>> 	1. git checkout master
>> 	2. git checkout -b new-master-copy
>> 	3. git am cygwin-windows-quirks.patch
>> 	4. git diff ORIG_HEAD
>>
> You could also do:
>
>     git diff master..

Exactly the same result running both suggestions. (error:
tools/make_image_links.pl: does not match index).
> It's always a matter how the branch was created. In Ulfs example, the
> branch is created on the basis of the local master. Your local master is
> also a branch and could differ from the master branch at the GNOME
> repository (origin/master).

My local copy differs only in that I have replaced the original
"tools/make_image_links.pl" from the GIMP repository with the
"make_image_links.pl" Ulf mailed to me. The rest of the files are a
updated with the command "git pull".

To use git am it looks like I have to find a way to incorporate the
local "tools/make_image_links.pl" into index on my local copy.

I'm working on it, trying to understand the git help files and reading
about git on the web etc.
I also am updating my translations, using Ulf's changes in the
make_image_links.pl to get the image files copied as hardlinks into the
html folder. The changes works well, but I have to write the commands
manually.
> That's why you have to pull and rebase now and then.

I "git pull" whenever "git log" tells that the GIMP repository has been
changed.
Kolbjoern