Re: Where have all my pictures gone?

julien skreiv:
> Hi Kolbjoern,
>
> I am not the most qualified to answer you; here are some remarks,
> helping somebody else can bring better:
>

>> At last I got my Cygwin running properly. But alas, the images where not
>> handled properly:
>>
>> 1. The image addresses are not "translated". All images are in English.
>> 2. Paragraphs containing <guiicon> tags are not translated but the whole
>> text occurs in English.

Worse: Some of the paragraphs containing guiicon tags are translated,
some not. I have to work on it.
>> There are no image references in the POT files although there are in the
>> src xml files.
>>
>> When running "autogen.sh" I get the following warnings:
>> WARNING: cannot find dblatex(1); dot(1); docbook2odf(1);
>>

> Because they are not installed on your system.

Yes, I know. Mentioned it in case the lack had something to do with the
errors. I don't know what the "dot" does. Have to figure it out and
eventually how to install it.

>> WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-maintainer-mode
>>
> I don't know
>

>> I'm running the command "make -f Makefile.GNU
>> {html-no/xml-no/validate-no}on gimp-help-2 revision 2817. Using svn and
>> Poedit/Notepad++ together with Cygwin.
>>

> svn? We are no longer using svn but git...

I thought the building of the pot, xml and html files was independent of
git/svn?
BTW: are there any tutorials explaining the use of git? If I get rid of
these problems I have to move to git.
> When I have weird problems with making html, I run 'make clean' and then
> rebuild files.

Oh yes, I've "cleaned" several times.
It looks like the pot files are not properly build. I think I have to
figure out how the process works, i.e.  how the pot files and the xml
files are build. Still some work to do ;-)
Thank you a lot for answering, Julien.

Kolbjoern