Re: HTML draft fails output naming

liangtai (Montag, 2. Februar 2009, 17:26):
> I want a small change of makefiles at the top directory.  Please
> replace `sed' command into ${SED}, otherwise BSD sed will fail at `t'
> command within one line
> script separated by semicolons(;), so the HTML draft procedure names
> always its
> result noname-draft.html.  Fortunately the configure script finds the
> proper command /usr/local/bin/gsed, and it is assigned to a term
> `SED' automatically.

I have changed the sed command, hope it works for BSD now
(and I've also committed two forgotten sed's).

Does BSD provide two different sed programs, "sed" and "gsed"?

> =/=/=
> It's late that I introduce myself.  I want to join in the gimp-doc
> team as a Japanese translator.

Great! :-)

> I had begun to work, at November of
> last year, on HTML files and XML files of the 2.4.2 release package.
> Later registering to the
> mailing list, I shifted my work on XML files copied from the
> subversion trunk. Now I have 76 HTML and 52 XML files at Japanese
> version.
> I do not understand well the right way to edit, but I suppose you all
> work on PO files.
> I don't know how to append new paragraphs or images on PO.

With the gettext-based build system, all translations are done by
editing the po files.
I hope you didn't edit/translate the HTML files directly, these
translations were lost (except for paste & copy).

Adding new content or new images is now done by editing the English
source files.

You can provide a localized version of any
image 'images/C/foo/bar/baz.png' as  'images/jp/foo/bar/baz.png' ("C"
replaced with Japanese locale "jp"(?)). Without localized image the
English ("C") image will be used.

Note that we are still experimenting and looking for the right way to do
everything...

Of course, feel free to ask if you have any problem.

Welcome to the team! :-)

Ulf