Re: "make validate" and <revnumber>

> julien (Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009, 16:02):
>> Yes, DocBook-4.5 is recognized by my system. But why doesn't it
>> accept "revnumber?" ?
>
> It *does*, you were fooled by error messages which had nothing to do
> with the <revnumber> tags. Try it again with a file that is valid
> according to DocBook-4.3 DTD.

I tried with several files that were valid for dockbook-4.3 and I always
get the same error...

>> We must get rid of this <revnumber> tag, because "svn status" goes on
>> listing as "M" the files I have committed, only because the revnumber
>> has changed.
>
> Are you sure? IMHO this can't happen: the *real* text is "$Revision$"
> (in the xml file), and what we see is just subversion's expanded text.

1- I create a pot file, after editing the xml file.
2- I create the po-fr file.
3- I commit
Some days after, I "svn update". The revnumber in the xml file is changed.
4- I run make po-fr : the msgid "$Revision: xxxx $" is changed and the
item is marked as "Fuzzy"
5- svn status lists the po file as "M"...and there you have it!

If I run "make pot" for all xml files, it's worse: I have a huge commit
with all the po-fr, that I have not time to edit. So I have to create
pot one by one.

>> But it would be interesting to keep a <revision> without <revnumber>
>> because of the date, author and revremark tags.
>
> I can live without that information... ;-)

Good! Too many problems with this minor question. I'll remove the
<sect2info> tags

Bye,

Julien