Re: meaning of strings in po files

Marco Ciampa (Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2008, 12:38):
>  msgid "$Revision: 2315 $"
>  msgstr ""
[...]
>  msgid "2007-10-17"
>  msgstr ""
[...]
>  msgid "ude"
>  msgstr ""
>
> meaning of this?

These are the entries of <revhistory><revision>--..

> how are supposed to be translated and why?

Add your authorinitials and the date when you edited the po file?

But IMHO we should just remove these entries from the source files. They
don't contain any essential information, do they?

BTW, it seems that we did not use these tags correctly:
	"RevHistory is a structure for documenting a history of changes,..."
	(DocBook: The Definitive Guide),
a <revhistory> is meant to contain a set of <revision> tags - see the
example in DTDG.

We just replaced the revision entries whenever we edited the xml file,
but does such an entry really mean anything?

Bye,
Ulf