Re: Seek volunteers to translate the latest Manual ( 2.6 version ) to Portuguese

On Wednesday 26 November 2008, felipe gabriel caparelli wrote:
> Posso ajudar? Passe-me as tarefas. Obrigado.
> Can I help you? Just send me the tasks. Thanks.Felipe Caparelli
> Programador / Designer
> http://felipecaparelli.blogspot.com
>

> Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:53:04 +0100From: filipe.diez@xxxxxxxxxxx:
> gimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:  Seek volunteers to
> translate the latest Manual (2.6 version) to PortugueseHi,I will to start
> the translation of the latest release's manual (English version avaliable
> for GIMP 2.6) to Portuguese. I'm able to translate to Portuguese, Brazilian
> and/or Galician dialects, and look for other volunteers to join this
> task.Best regards, Filipe Diez.

Hi folks --
 I am the maintainer of GIMP's interface translation for Brasilian Portuguese.
The main reason a pt_BR trasnalation was never estarted is the current way
GIMP manual ins maintained: ther eare docbook xml files containg all
available languages in a single files.

Some months ago the doc. maintainers decided to transition thsi structure to
one in which tehre willbe a reference English text, and the translation to
varios languages will be done by .po translation  - I am not shure this new
structure is in place already, but it would be a good idea to start the
translation just when it is set up at once.

Roman - -what is the current status in .po migration?

	js
	-><-