Re: Current status on migration to gettext/po

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 10:13:01PM +0200, Ulf-D. Ehlert wrote:
> Roman Joost (Mittwoch, 3. September 2008, 08:34):
> > > Result looks good. Not perfect, but promising.
> >
> > Cool - I'd be eager to see the script :)
>
> Ok, I've just committed the script.
I tested it. Awesome! Great work.

The intendation is a bit messed up after the script splitted the
languages, but I think that it's something we don't have to care about.
For the migration, it's probably the most important step.

The migration would look like this now:

    1. Merge the TRUNK into the Branch, to be up-to-date with the latest
    content.
    2. Split the languages using Ulf's new python script.
    3. Create the initial *.po files which already have English
    original and translated strings.
    ^---- dry run -----^
    4. Check if we can continue working from this point
    5. If 4. is true, than backmerge the branch into TRUNK
    6. Continue to fix the translations and work on the documentation
    for 2.6

We can test if the points 1,2 and 3 work flawlessly and produce what we
expect. If that works and we can use the migrated content (4.) we could
merge our branch into TRUNK and continue using *.po files.

Did I missed something?

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost