Re: Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 19:46 +0100, Vitaly Lomov wrote:
> I believe Nickolay Shmyrev used gettext for menu translations for
> russian. I did a bit of translation as well and have to say it's
> annoying to translate one sentence at a time - you lose context of
> narative. This way the flow of speech on the accuracy of english
> version. One paragraph at a time is better (that's what the previous
> discussion talked about) but then it got into a stage when a single
> character change in english invalidates other translations. Last time
> I heard before it died off was using 'fuzzy' to marked changes (I
> don't quite know how that works)

The tools will mark the translations as fuzzy when the original message
changes slightly. A fuzzy translation is not going to be used (it will
be treated as untranslated), but it is relatively easy for the
translators to follow the changes in the original message and to remove
the fuzzy marker.

Sven