Re: Rules to make target `xml/stamp-en-valid'?

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 07:37:53PM +0100, Kolbjørn Stuestøl wrote:
[...]
> I have given up finding what causes the error.
> It could be some hidden codes in the files (or perhaps that the copying
> process generates some)  not recognized by most programs but essential
> to Cygwin. As I'm unable to step through the program, the only way to
> figure out what's going on seems to be doing a manual comparing in hex
> code for every file in the trunk. I don't go for that time consuming job
> :-\ .
> The solution was to delete all files in the gimp-help-2/trunk and then
> run 'svn update' to get a fresh copy of gimp-help-2. Now the Cygwin runs
> happily as it should.

Please consider the fact that subversion is _not_ particularly "smart" when
working with file permissions. The only way out sometimes is to delete the
file and update...this is one of the reasons about so much interest in
darcs/mercurial/bazaar/gits and so on...

bye

--

Marco Ciampa