Gimp

Hi Gimp-user.

I'm running   iMac Leopard and  Gimp 2.4.4-XII for abouth 6 months.

I have made some animations , my own  and also from Script-Fu.

There is two nasty problem I would like to get solved.

1) Flame-making. I have try 50 times to get trough every step to make
those  flames, but i dont  fix it.
     Every step up to " Choose Gradient " run perfectly. but when I
try to put the gradient (  Germany flag
     Smooth)   into place. No way.  last try, the germand Flag Smooth
disappeard from tool-palett. Gone.
     Frustrating. look at the Url:< http://gug.sunsite.dk/tutorials/tomcat13/

2)

     I have learn abouth filemakings. when my projecs are ready, in
Gimps own XCF, i  give them a name,
     example: kallebling.gif -png -  or jpeg.  Never mind wath I put
before ________.gif.

     > Save as: kallebling.gif  > sending mail to my self attach >
file kallebling.gif.  I open up the mail, there is
    the file kallebling.gif, but very dead and gray. No sparkling
bling-bling from script-fu as I made from:
   Follow my step:
  > Gimp > Extr > scroll down to Script-fu > Logos > Bling text > I
choose Bling stew > ( dont matter)
    > aktivate Animate > filter > Animation > Play. and a very nice
locking sparkling script-fu animations is
   infront of me.. But, how to do the rest.

   Anyone out ther with any ideas.

   Regards

   Kalle