Re: Quickreference HowTo

So, it seems to be somewhat like:

1. quickreference/gimp-keys.xml - is the file that determines what's
in the quickreference at all
2. quickreference/po/gimp-keys.pot - is the master file for the
translatable strings
3. quickreference/po/xx.po - are the files containing the string
translations for one lang per file
4. quickreference/xml/gimp-keys-xx.xml - are the files containing 1
merged with the xx from 3
5. quickreference/stylesheets/keys-docbook.xsl - is the stylesheet to
create docbook
6. quickreference/stylesheets/keys-svg.xsl - is the stylesheet to
create svg
7. quickreference/docbook/gimp-keys-xx.xml - are the docbook snippets
made from 4 and 5
8. quickreference/svg/gimp-keys-xx.svg - are the resulting svg
images, made from 4 and 6

Open questions:
to 1:
There is still content in this file that shows up in the resulting
svg / docbook but is not translatable?
	- <section title="Help"> -> help needs to be translated
other modifier keys too)
How is the string substitution done at all? I do not see any template
or technology for this?

to 2:
How is the connection between 1 and 2. How do we get new strings in 1
into 2?

to 4:
How does the merging happen? There seems to be no stylesheet or
anything like that

to 6:
In here is content too, that needs to be translatable, specially the
mouse gestures are described by (english) text

to 7:
Where do the snippets go to? Are they anyhow used by now?

last one: what is the /gimp-keys.xml all about? Obviously it is built
from 1 too, but does not contain any translation or something.

Anybody (romanofski?) out there to shed light on this?

Greetings, lexA

Am 26.05.2007 um 07:27 schrieb julien:

> I have the same problem : I translated .pot into fr.po and gimp-
> keys.xml
> but I can't get the quickreference section in HTML nevertheless.
> What must I do
> (I don't get it when making 'it' too)
>
> Julien
>> recently we added the ability to build a quickreference for GIMP as
>> part of the manual.
>>
>> Though I don't get the parts together. Is there any documentation
>> which files are created by what and which shall we edited and
>> which not?
>>
>> Obviously translating the .pot files into .po files is one part. But
>> how are the src/key-reference.xml and the quickreference/gimp-
>> keys.xml involved?
>>
>> How can we translate the headings and the keycap names btw?
>>
>> So any knowledge out there in the fields?

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen