Re: Plug-in documentation

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 23:20 +0200, Axel Wernicke wrote:

> So, even if the plug-in browser still lists "him" as author and
> holder of the copyright?

We usually keep the original author there as some sort of tribute.

> What is the copyright anyway supposed to mean here? What is the
> copyright worth if the plugin is under ongoing modification from
> "anybody"?

The plug-in is licenced under the GPL. That allows anybody to modify it.
We wouldn't even have to keep the copyright notice but we do so because
it's sort of fair to do that.

I agree with you though that the Plug-In Browser is pretty much
pointless. Given the fact that it doesn't even work correctly any longer
due to some changes in the way that plug-ins register with the menus,
perhaps it should be dropped entirely.

Sven