GFDL translations

Hello everybody,
I would ear some comments by all the translation teams on a subject: the
translation of the GFDL licence under which the GUM is distributed.

I would like to embed into the html/pdf translated version, only the most
famous unofficial translated italian version (that is this:
http://www.softwarelibero.it/gnudoc/fdl.it.html) with a clear link to the
REAL english version that could be distributed _with_ the package but not
incorporated into the text. Plus a clear text _in_ the maual that states
that the italian version is _not_ official neither legally valid and that
only the untranslated english version is official and legal.

This because an english text into a completely translated manual is IMHO a
nonsense. If someone read the text in italian is clear that he/she is not
able to read in english. This could even be counter-productive since the
reader is not able do figure by him/herself what he/she could and could
not do with the GUM manual (i.e. the licence restrictions).

I've already seen paper books published in Italy with such a compromise so
what do you think about it?

bye

--

Marco Ciampa