Re: [Dblatex-users] problems building pdf for GIMP manual

Hi Benoit,

Am 23.12.2006 um 00:54 schrieb benoit.guillon:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:56:08 +0100, benoit.guillon
> <benoit.guillon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In conclusion:
>>
>> * Will be fixed:
>> - UTF-8 indexterms
>> - glossterm anchors
>
> Should be fixed in 0.2.2

Great, if already recognised the other two mails sent by you to the
lists.
- -> you see, I'm watching closely :)

>> * What to do with cyrillic chars?
>
> With 0.2.2, these characters are handled when latex.unicode.use is
> set to 1. Please note that the feature is experimental (I've
> grabbed some code from passivetex, no need to reinvent the wheel :-).

well, the whole pdf creation for the gimp manual is proclaimed to be
experimental. I'll keep you up to date about the results.

>> * Calspair format should be changed in the source.
>
> I've looked at the current PDF files, and the callout numbers are
> directly in the images, explaining why the document doesn't care
> about valid coordinates.
>
> I guess I should add a parameter to be able to hide the numbers
> made by dblatex (if not, there will be each number twice). Note
> that db2latex also added the callout numbers (if you look carefully
> the bottom left of the images). What do you think?

I think, that I should take a moment to have a closer look, specially
to the calspair / callout "issues" (meaning usage in the gimp manual) :)

Thanks so far. I'm pretty sure I'll have the time to do a GIMP-manual
build with the new dblatex version before the sun rises again (in
germany)

Greetins, lexA

> Regards,
> BG

- ---
Remember: There are only two tools in life. WD-40, for when something
doesn't move, and should, and Duct Tape, for when something is moving
and it shouldn't.
So does the universe explode if you spray duct tape with WD-40?