Re: [Dblatex-users] problems building pdf for GIMP manual

Hey hey,

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:36:31PM +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:
> > Non ascii characters in programlistings:
> > This is the most annoying thing, since I don't how it can be fixed.
> > A programlisting is a verbatim environment where the characters are
> > not escaped. Even if I apply a patch so that the text is
> > translated, these characters are converted to latex macros (except
> > the iso-latin1 character range) that cannot be executed easily in
> > the verbatim environment. BTW, such formulas shouldn't be put in
> > programlistings, but rather in mathematical equations.
> >
> > line 116327:
> >             <para lang="en">
> >                 <programlisting format="linespecific">
> > R = T �?? B ÷ 255
> >                 </programlisting>
> >             </para>
>
> OK, that should be no problem to avoid. IIRC one of our writers evens
> started to put these into mathematic equations.
> @romanofski: didn't you?
Yeah - that should be an equation. And as far as I remember correctly,
that would work very well...

> > * What to do with cyrillic chars?
> hmm, in the case of the en version of the book they might be just
> plain wrong in there, but considering that there is a whole document
> with some hundred pages, we should find a solution. Any chance?
Actually we may consider to use the ODF support for that part of our
manual. I tried to make PDFs out of the ODF files for chinese, korean
and russian. It works very well. Though the quality of the PDF is not as
good as the LaTeX output.

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost