start contributing not easy for a beginner

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 12:13:08AM +0100, Pierre PERRIER wrote:
> Re-reading your e-mails I understand where is the failure ! and I am sorry.
> Actually only two e-mails were sent from you to me. The other one were
> sent to another person ( to  "Nickolay V. Shmyrev" with a PGP key and
> to ??? for the previous ones ; I unfortunatly delete them ; they
> didn't have a Key but only an attached text file with web adress about
> it I wrote you previously). For someone who is out of your processes
> it's quite unusual to receive a mail for which you are not recipient ;
> now I know it is right when we are in.
You do realise that you're subscribed to a mailing list, do you? You will
receive a lot more mails which are not sent to you directly. You might
want to read the wikipedia page about a mailing list if you're not
familiar with it:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mailing_list

> I am learning very slowly, step by step all these hidden traps within
> your (necessary) procedures.  Now I am in touch with a French-speaking
> man in the doc-team and  so it is easier for me to have relevant
> explanations about working procedures. What is missing is a relevant
> "paper" or "road map" to guide clearly the new arriving people from
> subscribing until into working procedure to facilitate the beginner.
Okey - there is the project page, which describes it very shortly how to
contribute. And we have the WIKI page which should describe how to start
much more verbose:

    http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/GimpDocs

It'll be great, if you could check our wiki, the docs we collected to start
contributing and improve it with your knowledge. I guess there are still
missing gaps which don't help people to drop by. If you're not familiar
with the WIKI syntax, write a small tutorial down on a text file and sent
it to the mailing list.

> I proposed my contribution because it is my way to support freeware
> concept in area where I think I can be useful.  Today I am still
> interested in contributing to french doc for gimp and so I stay in
> list... but... all patience is limited.  Thank you for your attention
> and if it is necessary I will remember your adress for further needs.
Great. I think you're already in touch with Julien about any further
procedures?

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost