RE: [Gimp-docs] Glossary - visual class (again)

Hello Sven and All -

>I don't think that this is information that the user should be worrying
>about. Especially since most users nowadays are probably using a
>TrueColor visual anyway.

I agree that this information isn't terribly useful to the user and that
the details of how the visual classes differ are far too esoteric.  In
fact, I have dragged my feet about defining it for the same reason.  But
I have noticed some confusion in the documentation itself, so I thought
that a few words about it might be a good idea.  Not all Gimp users are
going to be programming experts.

>No, there is no X server involved and there are differences but these
>differences are far beyond what belongs into the user manual.

OK, thank you.  I'm not sure where to look up this information, so I
do appreciate your response.

>Note that the development version of GIMP doesn't even show the visual
>type in the Info window any longer. So, if you want my advice on this,
>remove this part from the user manual as well.

Thank you for that information, too.  It does seem that the True Color
description is not worthwhile at this point.

Best regards,

Sally