Re: [Gimp-docs] What do I do with the glossary??

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 12:01:48PM -0300, Manuel Quiñones wrote:
> Hello, I'm one of the spanish translators.
>
> We have started recently our translation. I was seeing a lot of
> references to the glossary so I'm working on it now. I came to the
> problem that a term in spanish may not start with the same character
> as the original in english, but the terms are arranged by alphabetical
> order in the files.
>
> I see in the source two approaches on this: the german translation was
> moved to the corresponding files, and a comment is left in the
> original file. Other translations like the italian one translated the
> terms in the place.
Where (which definitions) are in this way exactly?
If it is written in this manner it is not intentional...and the glossary
is not finished so it's only a temporary solution...

> I think that the german approach is the best, but it's also prone to
> errors in the docs. I'm acting as the italian approach for now, so I
> may move the terms to the right place in the future. But is there a
> better solution for this?
Perhaps the best solution is what you suggested: to translate in place
and then move the definitions under the chapter they belongs to in a second
time...

Any suggestion for a better approach?

--

Marco Ciampa