Re: [Gimp-docs] sect4

Hi Julien,

Am 21.03.2006 um 21:43 schrieb julien:

In the former Help Table Of Content, Preferences sections were listed under preferences. Now, we have only "Preferences" and we can't get to each preference directly from the TOC.
This is indeed correct. Just allow me two annotations to this. First is, that I'm much more concerned about a TOC of more than 10(!) pages. Most of the dialog description are pretty huge. There is a further section level for like "calling dialog xy" or "using dialog xy" really needed. On the other hand such sections surely do not belong into the TOC right? The second argument (which might not be consensus at all) is, that the preferences section you are mentioning is not a dialog at all and should be in my opinion relocated to the menu chapter anyway. For me a dialog in GIMP is a window containing controls to work with tools or images and most important: it is a window that stays open all the time and can be docked together with other dialogs. Nothing of that is true for the preferences dialog window.

Greetings, lexA

julien

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen

---