Re: [Gimp-docs] Problems building PDF file from gimp-help-2.0.9

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Axel Wernicke wrote:

> I wrote:
> >> hmm, it should be 2.0.9 too! Pretty sure it is!
> >
> > No, it doesn't look like the HTML version. The date is 2004 and
> > there is only a "What¿s New in The Gimp 2.0?" section. There is
> > no "What¿s New in The Gimp 2.2?" section.
>
> Hmm, Roman - we need to do something about this - should I start
> trying to get that cow flying?

Nice turn of phrase! I think I'll be able to use that one.

> Well it's not that bad - creating the html version is pretty
> straight  forward. May be we should consider building a one file
> html as long  as the pdf is out of order ...  ... um, the gimp
> manual is up to 450 pages in around 7  (en;de;cs;nl;fr;sv;zh_CN)
> languages. A team of around a dozen people  is working on it -
> thats nothing you want to do in OO !

I figured as much. Is it possible to produce a single DocBook
file? And can that file be loaded by OpenOffice long enough to do
the transform? Perhaps I can just do an end-run around the
problem.

> But we could need some help with it everytime - so if you have
> questions or annotations to the manual - please ask and state
> them !

Thanks very much for your help gentlemen. I'm looking forward to
curling up with a nice fat book over the holidays.

Regards,
Keith Hanlan
Ottawa, Canada