Re: New operation pull request

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 5:44 PM JonnyRobbie via gegl-developer-list
<gegl-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Maybe having
> > everything in the .c single file with enums and forward declarations
> > for the data early and the data after the operation code?
>
> Locally, I use an external python script in a meta-programming way to generate the two included files from some input data. It doesn't depend on any external library, but the main file depens on the two includes. I've found it much easier to generate the includes from scratch and then simply include them in the main c file rather then messing with file templats, etc. in python. The two parts I generate are enums for property_enum() for ui input (generated in the negative-darkroom-curve-enum.c) and the second (negative-darkroom-curve-enum.h) is a struct initialization with all the data. You can see the structure in the three attached files.
> But if you insist on having only one file, I might be able to rewrite that. But messing with templating (locally - the PR for gegl would be clean) is a pita.

The mailing-list strips attachments, you could generate the c file put
into GEGL on your side, though there is some precedent for having
external files in a fashion that could be followed while avoiding
having non-op sibling files in common/, the perlin-noise op which
includes files from gegl/operations/common/perlin.

/pippin