Re: New operation pull request

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 2:02 PM JonnyRobbie via gegl-developer-list
<gegl-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You can do a merge request for GEGL on GNOME's Gitlab instance:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gegl/.
>
> Good. Just a question. What category (comon, comon-cxx, core, external, ...) should I put it in? Also, it includes an external .h and .c file. (I've separated the long data and enums there.) - will that be a problem? (it would be three files in total).

GEGL tries to keep single source file ops without external
dependencies in common and ones depending on external libraries in
external/ . Keeping each operation in one file is preferred - since it
keeps the build system simpler to maintain and naviagate. Maybe having
everything in the .c single file with enums and forward declarations
for the data early and the data after the operation code?

/pippin