Re: gegl:convert-space

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 10:08 PM JonnyRobbie via gegl-developer-list
<gegl-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I really hope this is just some misunderstanding. I was just having problems with gegl and I was hoping someone on gegl mailing list might be able to help me.

I'm sorry about the grumpiness due to the off-list reply and its
tangential GIMP question. You've stumbled on flakiness somewhere in
GEGL but not really in gegl:convert-space, it seems to be in the
handling of ICC profiles in gegl:png-save (and perhaps gegl:png-load).
Things seem to be working better when using JPG (and probably TIFF),
though sometimes it isn't the original ICC profile that is embedded
but a re-encoding of the original based on babl's understanding,
failing to keep the original preserved - babl should at lesat be able
to include bits of the original profile name.

I've fixed some incomplete code in gegl:convert-space and added a new
op geg:icc-load which gets auto invoked on icc files, similar to how a
profile can be extracted with gegl:icc-save indirectly by "converting"
and image to icc. The new op allows the aux-pad capability of
gegl:convert-space and gegl:cast-space to be used also for loading; on
the commandline though using the path property of these ops is
shorter.

/pippin