Re: basic concepts and usage of gegl in gtk

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 02:06:52PM +0100, Øyvind Kolås wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:08 AM, Vincent
> <debian-siril@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thank you both for your answers. I finally made a sample application
> > that reads a FITS file and tries to display the first channel's grey
> > buffer in a gegl-gtk object.
> >
> > The code is here:
> > https://free-astro.org/svn/siril/trunk/src/main_gegl_test.c
> > you may also checkout trunk/deps/gegl-gtk. Compilation
> > instructions are given at the top of the file, dependencies are GTK3,
> > GEGL, gegl-gtk and cfitsio.
> > A sample file is available here:
> > https://free-astro.org/download/scott.fit
>
> Changing this line:
>    gegl_buffer_set(buf, &rect, 0, format, &fit.pdata[0], GEGL_AUTO_ROWSTRIDE);
> to be:
>    gegl_buffer_set(buf, &rect, 0, format, fit.pdata[0], GEGL_AUTO_ROWSTRIDE);
>
> results in a window displaying an image rather than a seg fault for me.
>
> Happy hacking :)

Sorry everybody for this stupid mistake, I knew it was an easy one...
So I confirm that this fix and the previous one that you mentioned, the
mipmap level that was supposed to be 0 instead of 1, make my sample
work, thanks a lot Øyvind!

At least I think I had correctly understood the graph part. Now I'll
continue my tests in the main application.

Best wishes for 2017.
Vincent