Re: [Gimp-developer] Recent Gegl-0.1.7 build fails

> > On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >> I tried again. The error still persists:
> >>
> >> gegl-buffer-save.c: In function 'gegl_buffer_save':
> >> gegl-buffer-save.c:227: error: 'S_IRGRP' undeclared (first use in

[...]

> Von: Partha Bagchi <partha1b@xxxxxxxxx>

> OK. I create a patch using diff. Would that be sufficient? I attached
> it to this mail. Hope it comes through.

The S_*GRP and S_*OTH flags aren't defined on the Windows platform, and to my knowledge the bits associated to them don't have any meaning there anyway. I've committed a change to GEGL to fix this (a #ifdef check to change the open command to not use them on the Windows platform).

The next problem that you'll most likely encounter is the undefined fsync in gegl/buffer - in my local tree, I've added a AC_CHECK_FUNS(fsync) directive to my configure.ac and wrapped the fsync calls in #if HAVE_FSYNC.

I guess that fsync could be redefined to FlushFileBuffers (see http://www.humboldt.co.uk/2009/03/fsync-across-platforms.html) on the Windows platform unless a fsync implementation is found by the check.

Regards,
Michael