Re: PatchMatch

On 7/13/10, Andrey Kuklev <andrey.kuklev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this since I'm pretty new to
> the open source community. However, did anyone ever look into implementing
> the PatchMatch algorithm in GIMP?

Yes, Carlo Baldassi, creator of Loquid Rescale, experimented with the
algorithm when the paper was first published and has some initial
code. Back then he told me that unlike seam carving paper this one was
already written in a way that makes implementing 3rd party software
difficult.

@Alexia:  Resythesizer doesn't cover all features of content-aware
filling aka patchmatch and is unmaintained.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org