Re: GEGL ops: full-image processing (ignorance of ROI?)

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 20:20 +0300, Eugene Zagidullin wrote:
> Is it possible to create full-image ops? A good example of such an op is exposure
> fusion technique by Mertens & Kautz. It's output depends of full-image Laplacian
> pyramid decomposition.

If I remember correctly a GEGL operation has a way to tell what regions
of the input data it needs in order to calculate a certain region of
output data. A blur operation for example needs an input rectangle that
is by about the blur radius larger than the output rectangle. Your
fusion technique could probably tell that it always needs the all input
data, regardless of the ROI.

Sven