Re: Mysterious GEGL git behaviour; removing gegl-sampler-sharp.[ch] also removes test XML files

Adam Turcotte wrote:
> I am in the process of creating a patch to add various GSoC 2009 samplers.
>
> I also want to remove the deprecated samples YAFR and sharp.
>
> Removing gegl-sampler-yafr.* did not have any side-effect.
>
> However, removing gegl-sampler-sharp.* also resulted in the gallery xml
> files being removed (all the OpenRaster*.xml files) even though there
> appears to be no explicit reference to the sharp sampler in the gallery
> or below.
>
> Can anyone provide an explanation or workaround?
>
> Should I just provide the patch even though it removes the
> OpenRaster*.xml files?

Wow that sounds very weird. Are you sure removing some c files are
causing version-controlled files in the docs/gallery directory to be
removed? If this is the case I would be interested in debugging this so
feel free to provide the patch, for example with git send-email to this
list.

BR,
Martin

--