Mysterious GEGL git behaviour; removing gegl-sampler-sharp.[ch] also removes test XML files

I am in the process of creating a patch to add various GSoC 2009 samplers.

I also want to remove the deprecated samples YAFR and sharp.

Removing gegl-sampler-yafr.* did not have any side-effect.

However, removing gegl-sampler-sharp.* also resulted in the gallery xml files being removed (all the OpenRaster*.xml files) even though there appears to be no explicit reference to the sharp sampler in the gallery or below.

Can anyone provide an explanation or workaround?

Should I just provide the patch even though it removes the OpenRaster*.xml files?

Adam Turcotte