Re: error message when executing gegl-paint

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Tim Chen <timchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Today I pull babl / gegl clone from git, and build the source according to
> the document without error .
>
> However, when I tried running the gegl-paint in the example folder, a blank
> window poped up. And whenever I click on the window, I got error message :
>
> (lt-gegl-paint:2195): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: IA__g_object_new_valist:
> object class `GeglChantpath_c' has no property named `hardness'
>
> How should I fix this problem?

The hardness property has been renamed stroke-hardness. Something else
has broken elsewhere in GEGL at some point as well since fixing that
still doesn't seem to cause any rendering to happen.

> Also, is there any document with more detail about the core rendering
> algorithm of GEGL? I got the rough idea about GEGL using DAG as the core
> representation and DAG could improve the rendering efficiency by better
> operation cache and region masking. But I can't find any document with more
> details about how they are actually implemented.

The source code itself, including comments in the headers of the
GeglNode and GeglOperation classes are the only proper reference of
how this is currently implemented.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/