Re: gegl/gegl documentation patch

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Martin Nordholts <enselic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Henrik Akesson wrote:
>> Here's a patch for:
>>
>> - Documentation and debug statements added
>> - Removed needs_visiting from the gegl-visitable interface and the
>> implementing classes gegl-pad and gegl-node because it was not used
>> (hardcoded to return TRUE).
>> - Refactored gegl-eval-mgr field "state" to use an enumeration instead
>> of integers for improving readability of the code.
>
> Thanks! I have split up the patch in three separate commits and
> commited. I left out the g_debug() debug code for now since it is
> enabled by default which is too intrusive IMO, I think such output
> should require setting a flag before it's enabled.
>
> - Martin
>

> 2009-03-18  Martin Nordholts  <martinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>    Apply patch from Henrik Akesson that turns GeglEvalMgr::state into
>    an enum instead of using pure ints since that increases
>    readability.
>
>    * gegl/process/gegl-eval-mgr.[ch]
>
> 2009-03-18  Martin Nordholts  <martinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>    Apply patch from Henrik Akesson that adds documentation to the
>    graph parts of the GEGL core in form of comments.
>
>    * gegl/graph/gegl-node.c
>    * gegl/graph/gegl-visitor.c
>    * gegl/operation/gegl-operation.c
>    * gegl/process/gegl-cr-visitor.c
>    * gegl/process/gegl-eval-mgr.[ch]
>    * gegl/process/gegl-have-visitor.c
>    * gegl/process/gegl-prepare-visitor.c
>
> 2009-03-18  Martin Nordholts  <martinn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>    Apply patch from Henrik Akesson that removes the superfluous
>    GeglVisitableClass::needs_visiting() and all code that depends on
>    it such as the GeglNode and GeglPad implementations (both of which
>    just returned TRUE) and the calls to the method.
>
>    * gegl/graph/gegl-node.c
>    * gegl/graph/gegl-pad.c
>    * gegl/graph/gegl-visitable.[ch]
>    * gegl/graph/gegl-visitor.c

GEGL has built in mechanisms for logging debug information.

GEGL_NOTE (CACHE, "foo %s", bar);
GEGL_TIMESTAMP(PROCESSOR);
GEGL_MARK()

Where CACHE and PROCESSOR is used the following logging domains are available:

PROCESS, CACHE, BUFFER_LOAD, BUFFER_SAVE, TILE_BACKEND and PROCESSOR

Actual printing of these can be enabled by setting the GEGL_DEBUG
environment variable like:

GEGL_DEBUG=processor,cache

or even

GEGL_DEBUG=all