Testing

I'd like to set up some regression tests before doing any changes to the code.

You agree on using the glib test framework?

I'll do it by applying some operations on an input image file and comparing the resulting output image file with a reference. However, I suppose that this is not platform independent. There would be slight differences in the precision of the calculations, resulting in slightly different pixel values and files that are not at all comparable.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Henrik