Re: How to get bounding box from inside a sampler

Hello all:

I'd also be happy to help implement a "smear" (a.k.a. nearest
neighbour) abyss policy, which preserves the property of being exact
on constants (as the "truncate the stencil and normalize to unit sum
does as well, although I think that going through an abyss policy is
more elegant and faster).

In the case of YAFR for example, it would ensure that the transition
through the boundary is continuously differentiable, without being as
complicated as the bilinear abyss policy and without the need for
"stick outside points to the boundary" to look good far from the valid
pixels.

Nicolas Robidoux
Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne