How to get bounding box from inside a sampler

Hello all:

This question will make clear that I don't understand c++.

Suppose that, in the code for, say,
gegl/gegl/buffer/gegl-sampler-cubic.c, I want to use information about
the bounding box of the input data.

More precisely:

I (believe that) I already know that the relevant pixel values start
at indices 0,0. Requested values to the left and above those are
created by the (currently 0,0,0,0) abyss policy.  Which is to say that
0 and 0 are the smallest "x" and "y" for which I have "real" data.

What I want to know is the width and height (in pixels) the area with
"valid" pixel values.

This is almost the same as:

I want to know the lowest positive indices at which the abyss policy
kicks in.

Which is almost the same as:

What is the index of the rightmost/lowest pixel with "real" data
associated to it.

------

Once I have this info, I can finish the yafr code.

With thanks,

Nicolas Robidoux
Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne