Re: Is there a reason why -ffast-math is not included in the CFLAGS?

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:09 PM, Nicolas Robidoux
<nrobidoux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At least on my machine (recent Intel Ubuntu laptop), it makes a small,
> but noticeable, difference.
>
> Why not include it? I doubt very much that any of us is doing
> something which depends too closely on exactly how floating point is
> done. I certainly trust that the samplers will not be affected (maybe
> nearest neighbour, but nitpicking about a discontinuous method...).
>
> In the gegl/gegl/buffer Makefile, for example:
>
> CFLAGS = -g -DGEGL_ENABLE_DEBUG -g -O2 -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -Wold-style-definition -mmmx -msse

It probably doesn't harm, though I do not know in which circumstances it would
matter either. If it doesn't cause any problems it could probably be
added to the
build system.

/Øyvind K.
 -- William Gibson