Re: Multiple Auxiliary Inputs Operation

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 7:48 AM, Ferran Basora <fcsonline@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have recently seen changes added by Luidnel Maignan, allowing to create
> operations with 2 auxiliary inputs.
>
> I was wondering about the possibility of creating a generic
> gegl-operation-composer that allows a undetermined number of auxiliary
> inputs.
>
> I am thinking of several scenarios in which to use in operations using N
> inputs.
>
> What do you think?

It should be possible to adapt the GEGL infrastructure to handle this,
I've known of
the potential issue but haven't had the need for it myself; and it
might be a bit
tricky to implement. Patches are welcome; but will bu scrutinized.

I think a more important pad -related feature is allowing routing non
GeglBuffer data, like
color and scalar values, between the pads of nodes. The base core
infrastructure for doing
so is already in place, but the code hasn't been tested in a long
while and I think it
will fail in some subtle way.

/Øyvind K.
 -- William Gibson