Gegl questions

Hi.

I am new to this forum and have some technical and performance related questions that I have not been able to completely figure out reading the documentation at the home page.

- The main idea of gegl is that you can build up graphs of nodes and that you decide when to process the graph. You are also able to specify a region, scale and output format. To get the best performance I guess that cropping and scaling is done early in the process stage. Correct? And is this true for all operations? Cropping should not be a problem but can imagine that scaling may cause problems for operations like filters there you have to adapt the filter to get the same effect as for a none scaled image.

- If a graph is processed and an operation is added to the graph I guess that when reprocessing the graph the cache of the previous rendering is used. This means that only the new operation is processed. But what if you have rendered the graph using different scales and regions, do you have separate caches for different render options?

Thanks for your answers.

Best regards
Patrik Östman