Re: New to GEGL, and HSL plugin

On 2/4/07, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> HSL layer modes have been requested for GIMP (see bug #401754 and also
> bug #404378 for another request that deals with layer and paint modes).
> It might make sense to consider adding these to babl/gegl.

I'd rather add CIE Luv and use that in place of HSV/HSL. Adding
HSV/HSL to babl should be a matter of writing an extension, but the
slightly more perceptual CIE color space is probably more desirable.
Ideally all possible candidate color spaces will be possible to use
but implementing the saner ones first should be a priority.

GEGL currently contains a large enough amount of plug-ins that changes
to the API they use take time. It is expected that this API will go
through considerable refactoring and thus getting a lot of new
plug-ins into the main distribution is not desirable as it will make
the refactoring take more time. This is part of the reason I want to
be conservative with which plug-ins are added.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/