Re: vector graphics

On 8/29/06, hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <hendrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I looked at the huge list of operations at
 http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gegl-developer/2006-August/000553.html
and noticed that there doesn't seem to be anything to support vector graphics.
Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

You are looking in the correct place, GEGL is not a vector handling
framework but a compositing/image processing framework that works with
raster graphics. The only way vector graphics enters the picture is
with buffer loaders, there is for instance work in progress on a SVG
loader using librsvg, that will rasterize the vector content of the
SVG into a buffer.

It is likely that this will work both with inline SVG data, as well as
with reference to an external file.

/Øyvind K.

                                                -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/