vector graphics

I looked at the huge list of operations at
 http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gegl-developer/2006-August/000553.html
and noticed that there doesn't seem to be anything to support vector graphics.
Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

The web page mentions

> We are working on ... flexible tile based systems

Is there someplace specific I should look for this?  I don't care if it is actually
coded or is justa  vague dream, but I'd like to see what you have in mind.

Actually, I'd prefer the vague dream stage, because I've been working on recursive
hierarchical tile systems for landscape generation, with realistic-looking river
networks.  But displaying this really wants 3-D, which (at least for now) seems to be
outside the scope of the project.

-- hendrik