New GEGL webpages (was: would like to help)

On 6/23/06, Florent Monnier (aka Blue Prawn)
<fmonnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IMHO the documentation is indeed an important part, since there are often
people coming here willing to help, but which get lost, or don't understand
what's involved. It seems there are even gimp developers arround too who
don't understand the "thing" ;-) so all this maybe explains why gegl
germinates for so long. This said is not to bother the active gegl developers

The largest problem with GEGL development was that it was dead.
Bringing it back to life, when various dead pieces of code are lying
about everywhere took time, but I now think GEGL is ready for more
contributors.

One of the google summer of code participants is already commiting to
CVS improving the infrastructure, as well as developing extensions. I
am now getting close to want to replace the existing webpages with
some new documentation. The new pages are in CVS in the docs
directory, and the generated content is currently hosted at
http://pippin.gimp.org/gegl/

The content needs more updating, and the API reference should be
resurrected. But with the current content I think it should be
possible for more people to get involved. Which might be good since
the amount of time I can contribute in the coming month
probably will be small.

/Øyvind K.
                                                -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/