Re: GEGL testbed

* Eric Grivel <gegl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060608 03:10]:
> Øyvind Kolås wrote:
> The problems start when I run "make png". This stops with an error
> because the "@rm" command has too few arguments (no *.png there at all).
> Do you need a "-" in front of this command to have "make" continue on
> errors?

I added a -f instead on a new version of gegl-demo.tgz that I just uploaded.

> If I understand this command correctly, you are trying to delete all the
> zero-size PNG files that are not *_ref.png? On my system (SuSe 9.0
> Linux), this would have to be "-f 5" to the "cut" command; with the "-f
> 4" it results in a list of all values "0". I don't know if this is
> system-specific behavior of the "cut" command?

It is more likely that it is system specific ls behavior. If someone has
suggestions for a better way to do it, it would be welcome, but it isn't
very important since most of the things in this tarball should be merged
into GEGL when things settle a bit more, for now I prefer this to
automake when testing :]

> ./scaling > scaling.png
> make[1]: [scaling.png] Error 139 (ignored)
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/src/gegl/gegl-demo'
>

> It seems the "Error 139" actually is a Segmentation fault. However, in
> spite of that, the only two for which I get a zero-byte output file are
> anim.png and multi-gegl.png. The others:
>  503808   add-test.png
>  389120   brightness-and-contrast-with-math-ops.png
>  278528   brightness-and-contrast.png
>    4096   buffer-test-0.png
>    4096   buffer-test-1.png
>    4744   introspect.png
>  172032   scaling.png
> seem to come out correctly.
>
> Is this a positive outcome? I hope it provides you with some useful
> feedback.

This is indeed a mostly positive outcome, but I wonder where it
segfaults (after the most important things have happened as they
should). Could you do a backtrace with gdb?

I do not know why anim and multi-gegl crashes completely though, they
are the tests needing the most memory, but apart from that they
shouldn't be much more special than the other tests.

/Øyvind K.

                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/