Re: ./configure fatal warning

Hi,

Florent Monnier <fmonnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> > $ ./autogen.sh
> [...]
>> > WARNING: aclocal's directory is /usr/share/aclocal, but...
>> >          no file /usr/share/aclocal/intltool.m4
>> >          You may see fatal macro warnings below.
>> >          If these files are installed in /some/dir, set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS
>> >          environment variable to "-I /some/dir", or install
>> >          /usr/share/aclocal/intltool.m4.
>>
>> This warning is fatal and must not be ignored. Please fix your build
>> environment.
>
> How could I fix my build environment for this?
> Where should I search for intltool.m4?
> Or where could I get it?

intltool.m4 is distributed with intltool. Perhaps you want to read the
aclocal and automake documentation to understand the purpose of these
m4 files and what exactly aclocal is doing. But in general you
shouldn't have to worry about this if intltool is installed by
whatever package manager your distribution is using. If you installed
it manually, you will have to set ACLOCAL_FLAGS as explained in the
warning (see above).

Sven